GEPIL is committed to minimizing risks to human health and the environment in and around the workplace. More specifically, the Company is dedicated to maintaining the health and safety of its employees, customers and neighbors, as well as preserving the integrity of our environment. This commitment is supported by management and is the individual and collective responsibility of all employees.
We achieve these goals through our EHS system and strive for continuous improvement by:
- Educating and training to institutionalize EHS values throughout the company.
- Setting and monitoring EHS objectives to improve employee health and safety and reduce adverse environmental impacts.
- Raising EHS awareness of all employees and customers and stressing personal accountability.
- Complying with or exceeding all applicable EHS regulatory requirements.
- Conserving natural resources through pollution prevention, energy conservation, and waste minimization.
- Strive for an injury free workplace through high employee involvement and a strong health and safety program.
- Strive to continuously improve global EHS performance by utilizing practices that protect employees and the environment, including reducing the quantity of emissions, developing opportunities for recycling and pollution prevention and using paper, energy, and other resources more efficiently.
- Train and motivate employees to conduct their activities in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
Improvised personnel safety in the working environment through appropriate use of PPEs.
We have a variety of safety PPE depending the operation & applicability viz. Reparatory PPE (Exposure & fumes protection), non-reparatory PPE (body protection). Basic aim of the PPE is to prevent employee form the un-controlled hazards to take it to its minimal risk rating.
GEPIL regularly organize MOCK DRILLs to emphasis the effectiveness of protection system, emergency protocol & emergency control and assure the earlier response to all emergencies weather it is major or minor.
GEPIL has initiated actions in the field of training of employees in the fire fighting measures, control of toxic release and first aid treatments. The training programs are structured with the objective of involvement of employees from the entire department and covering the theoretical and practical aspects.
We at GEPIL thoroughly following work-permit system for very hazardous, non-routine jobs for which there are no Safe Procedures or approved Safe work Plans. It is an authorising document which, approved by management, describe what work should be carried out, what hazard is related with work & what precaution should be taken to minimize the hazard.
Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment (HIRA) Activity
Gepil is committed to minimizing risks to human health and the environment in and around the workplace. To achieve that goal we regularly conduct HIRA procedure for each Process and Area.
GEPIL Is continuously putting efforts for controlling the risks which are arising from various Hazards such that loss to human life and property is negligible or zero. Its continuous best efforts to identify the Hazards and to bring the risk levels to tolerable level in the organization.
Health & Medical Facilities
A detailed Quarterly medical checkup of the employees is also carried out by DIH approved medical officer to detect any symptoms of health hazards. Records of all these medical checkups are properly maintained as per factory acts. A fully equipped medical center and first-aid boxes are made available for treatment of minor injuries; further the 24 hour ambulance facility is available on call.
GEPIL is deeply concerned about Government rules & regulations and their compliance.
Some compliance which GEPIL is meeting are:
- State Factory Rule
- Hazardous Waste Transportation Compliance
- Insurance Compliance
- Pollution Control Act (Central & Regional)
- Environment Act
- Occupational Health & Safety Assessment series
- GPCB & CPCB guideline for ICHWTF
- PESO (Petroleum & Explosive Safety Organization)
While operating Integrated Common Hazardous Waste Treatment Facility we are more concerned about the Environment. To achieve this we follow a systematic environmental plan as follows:
- Leachate management system: Leachate is collected and treated by the facility.
- Gaseous emission management: whole facility is isolated & no-open air vent is provided.
- Landfill closure & post-closure maintenance to ensure vegetative stabilization.
- Surface water runoff system: facility is provided with rain water drainage system.
- Series of pollution control devices are provided in process.
- Continuous HVS & VOC monitoring activity to control air pollution.
- Routine environment audit to ensure relevant control scheme