Co-Processing, A Step in the Right Direction
Cement industry – cost cutting and pollution reduction
Rising prices and difficulty in procuring fossil fuels make the generation of alternate fuel generation an immediate requirement. Need for Co processing: Large amount of organic toxic wastes generation,lack of adequate treatment and disposal infrastructure,high costs of incineration make co processing an exigent necessity.
We are capable of co-processing hazardous waste and raw materials in cement plants with the purpose of alternate fuel generation and energy and resource recovery.This ensures complete destruction of wastes and utilization of energy preventing wastage of energy and resources in any form.Our processes are well established, technically proven and legally approved.
Alternate Fuel and Resource Facilities (AFRF) (Co Incineration/Co Processing)
GEPIL is the first to produce alternate fuel from hazardous waste in India. GEPIL has long-term tie-ups with M/s Lafarge Cement, M/s Holcim (Ambuja Cements) and M/s Ultratech to supply alternate fuel for coprocessors in their cement kilns throughout India.
The concept of preparing alternate fuel from hazardous waste processing by GEPIL has been approved by Ministry of Environment and Forest, Government of India, Central and State Pollution Control Boards.
GEPIL is the first and only company permitted to prepare fuel from hazardous wastes. GEPIL has plants to produce 300 TPD Alternate fuel and is presently supplying to cement cost. It is in process of developing a capacity of 50,000 TPA by year 2010 end.
GEPIL has designed, financed, built, developed and presently operates and maintains hazardous waste AFRF facilities at following locations.
- Surat (Gujarat)
- Silvassa (UT of D and NH)
- Faridabda (Harayana)
- Dahej (Gujarat)
- Mahad (Maharashtra)
- Ahmedabad (Gujarat)
- Alang (Gujarat)
- Panoli (Gujarat)
- Vellore(Tamil Nadu)
Promoted by MoEF and CPCB, trials conducted by GEPIL are approved and permission granted by CPCB, GPCB and CECB. Some benefits and unique features of our fuel regeneration and energy recovery technique includes:
- Favorable process conditions in cement kiln ensure complete destruction and absorption of gases
- Uniform temperature range > 1400⁰C
- Residence time > 6 secs
- Alkaline conditions facilitating neutralization
- Eliminates incineration ash for landfilling
- Negative pressure with effective dust control systems
- No external power, fuel, chemicals
- High Thermal Inertia ensures steady process conditions
- The total waste envisaged to be Handled to the tune of 50,000 TPA
- A “Pollution Free” Project.
- No waste water discharge
- Air emissions only from vents, shall be adsorbed in Activated carbon
- Solid Residues sent to existing TSDF