A Town to heal the Earth
Comprehensive recycling facilities with endless possibilities
Gujarat being the nucleus of industrial growth and development needs sustainable environment solutions for its rural and urban centres. Minimization of waste, recycling, recovery and reuse need to be emphasized on.
The project aims at converting Tons of Waste to Grams of Waste through Environmentally Safe Waste Recycling / Recovery Technologies and streamlining the waste collection / recycling system by training and upgrading kabadi and rag pickers. In doing so Gujarat will move towards a zero waste economy.
We Encourage minimization of wastes produced by any of our processes especially those which produce harmful byproducts. We believe this to be first step in being environment friendly.
Reusing available resources is another mean of being an environment conscious corporate.
Being able to recycle forms a big part of being capable of environmental assurance, save energy and conserve the environment.
The project has received excellent support from the government in the form of:
- Promoting skill up gradation of rag pickers and kabadiwala and their involvement in modern waste recycling mission through specialized high end training centers.
- DMIC recognition as Early Bird Infrastructure Project – Recommendation to GoI
- Regulatory frame work , Recycling act of Gujarat, Eco Town Policy
- Promotion of Education and Applied research in Wastes Recycling
- Making sector Specific commitments to attract Japanese investments e.g. Ship Recycling
- Policy Frame work to incentivizes “Recycling in Industrial and Urban Development”, especially as a part of Eco Town.
The proposed site at DAHEJ has an an area of 500 Acres and a likely total Investment of Rs 2,500 Crs. The decentralized Eco-Towns proposed will have a total area of 250 Acres and a likely Investment: Rs 2,500 Crs.
Facilities at GRAMZ will include:
- Centre of Excellence
- Plastic to Useful materials
- Rubber tyre recycling
- PET Bottle to Geo Textile
- Acid Regeneration/Concentration
- Oil recycling
- Glass, tube lights, Batteries and other Misc Recycling Technologies
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Processing
- Metal Recovery Plant
- Rags/Misc Waste Management
- Vehicle recycling(End of Life)
- Bio Medical Waste
- Sewage Treatment Plant
- Common Effluent Treatment plant CETP
- MSW Processing and Disposal facility
- Hazardous Waste Management Facility(TSDF)
- Marine Outfall